KidsPark Childcare Franchise Silver Anniversary Has A Silver Lining: Helping Families.
More than 100,000 children have visited the San Jose KidsParks. So many, in fact, Debra Milner the founder and CEO, quips, “Whenever I meet a person in their 20”s they happily recall their visits to KidsPark. It is pretty special to be a part of their memories and makes me realize how much we have become part of the Valley’s fabric.”
KidsPark has grown-up, too. They now offer additional programs to meet the needs of today’s families:
- Smart Start preschool that incorporates The Arts, science and math concepts. Uniquely, parents pick their schedule.
- Back-up care when school or other childcare providers are closed.
- Fun private parties with game and craft activities led by a KidsPark hostess so parents can focus on their child and taking pictures.
The KidsPark franchise concept became so popular it received calls to open centers outside the Bay area. They started franchising in 2005 and now have 15 centers in 7 states: 8 centers in California and centers in TX, KS, AZ, FL, TN and PA. Franchise Business Review’s Top Awards Report recognizes our strong commitment to our franchise owners. KidsPark wants to grow and maintain our core strengths of quality care and service to children, families and franchisees.
What’s changed since 1988?
- Dads equally participate in coordinating childcare and activities.
- More visits are work related during the week due to telecommuting and more flexible work schedules.
- The rage for kids in 1988 was television based - Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles. Now, it is video games.
- Pagers? Does anyone remember pagers? KidsPark used to give each parent a pager in case they needed to be reached.
- “Hourly care” has replaced “baby-sitting” as the accepted service description.
Founded in Silicon Valley, KidsPark franchise is an hourly childcare center staffed by professional caregivers for preschool and school age children. KidsPark is a unique childcare solution in a safe and fun space that is available without making a reservation – parents can drop their children by days, evenings or weekends (open until midnight Friday and Saturday nights). They also do backup care when school is out of session – whenever they need childcare for half the price of a babysitter in most cities (San Jose parents pay about $15 per hour for a sitter or nanny and KidsPark charges start at $7.50 an hour).
To date, the KidsPark franchising system has 15 locations across the country — Arlington, TX, 2 in Jacksonville/FL, Scottsdale, AZ, Olathe KS, Willow Grove, PA, Chattanooga, TN and 8 centers in California – Chico, Northridge, Corona, Fresno, Rocklin, Sacramento, and 2 centers in San Jose. Founded in May 1988, KidsPark is a privately held company based in San Jose, California.
If you would like more information about owning a franchise, go to http://www.franchiseworks.com.
FranchiseWorks.com was established in 1999 with the goal of providing qualified prospective entrepreneurs with the right franchise or business opportunity that meets his or her needs. We showcase hundreds of franchises and business opportunities in a variety of industries including new start-ups to established companies. www.FranchiseWorks.com also has information on franchise financing sources, business opportunity and franchise trade show schedules along with the latest franchise news. For additional franchise information visit http://www.franchiseworks.com or the franchise blog - http://franchiseworksblog.blogspot.com. For more information visit www.kidspark.com.