FranchiseWorks presents Moran Family of Brands, the next franchisor to be featured on our Franchisor Spotlight Series. As a leading resource for prospective entrepreneurs, FranchiseWorks is dedicated to providing information that any individual can use to find the right franchise or business opportunity for them.
Moran Family of Brands has a clear mission statement of: “creating customer experiences that result in satisfaction and loyalty.” Our Vision is to: “Achieve a strong franchise system through positive franchise relationships and working as strategic partners with our franchisees allowing our brands to gain market share and increased profitability”. Our core values are based on the word DRIVE which stands for : Dedication, Respect, Integrity, Vision and Enthusiasm.
Interview with Pete Baldine, President of Moran Family of Brands
How has your company evolved since it got its start in 1958 with Dennis Moran?
Dennis Moran started in the automotive business in 1958. However, Moran Industries was formed in 1990 when he acquired Mr. Transmission, which was the beginning of our entry into the franchising world. After multiple acquisitions of regional companies throughout the 1990’s we had the task of establishing best practices that would be consistent throughout all of the companies we acquired. That meant learning different things from each of the acquisitions based on their successes and formulating that information into a solid operating system and training program to insure consistency throughout the system.
In the early 2000’s we began to focus more on organic growth. That is also when we developed our co-branding programs allowing franchisees to open 2 or 3 franchises under the same roof. This has been a huge differentiator for us as it allows franchisees to scale their business without increasing their overhead structure.
What options do candidates have when looking into your franchise opportunities?
This is where it gets exciting since a candidate can do single brands for Mr. Transmission, Milex Complete Auto Care, Alta Mere Automotive Outfitters or SmartView Window Solutions. They can also utilize our co-branding options and do a Mr. Transmission / Milex center or a Alta Mere / Smartview co-brand. In a few instances we have even tri-branded Mr. Transmission / Milex & Alta Mere under the same roof. Mora Family of Brands truly offers franchise candidates the most innovative options in the automotive after market. They also have the option of adding brands at a later if they choose to start out with only one brand
How many franchised units do you have?
We have a total of 120 locations with 27 sold units in the pipeline
Are you available in Canada and Internationally?
We have two international developers in Northern Africa that we signed this year. We are also targeting international development in the Middle East and Asia. We are currently in the process of registering in Canada as well.
What are some competitive advantages of your business?
Moran Family Brands is the only automotive franchise opportunity that can provide all aspects of vehicle repair, maintenance and service to their customers. We are able to maintain a competitive price while offering the driving consumer the most comprehensive model in the industry. For our franchisees this translates into a thriving business model capitalizing on a strong and growing industry opportunity.
We also offer great options for customers to upgrade the vehicles they are keeping for over 11 years through Alta Mere Automotive Outfitters.
- Our franchises have the capability to provide the technical service for any automotive issue that most independent repair shops don’t have the technical training or equipment to address.
- Our franchises are able to offer competitive prices, while meeting or exceeding the services, of new car dealership service departments.
- Our franchises provide a one-stop-shop experience with the most comprehensive repair model available while maintaining a complete history of a vehicles repair and maintenance records.
- Our franchises operate within a proven business system, and necessary tools, that provide a strong competitive advantage in the market place.
- Our Alta Mere franchisees offer exciting “upgrade” products such as window film, paint projection film and a full line of electronic and safety upgrades that customers “want “ to spend their money on.
All Moran Family of Brands opportunities can be combined into a co-branded business. In fact, we were the originators of co-branding in the automotive aftermarket.
Why co-branding makes sense:
•Comparable overhead expense to a single location but with multiple revenue streams
•Provides the opportunity to reach more customers with greater frequency
•Building a “one-stop” location translates into customer loyalty and tremendous repeat business
•Establishes the franchisee as a complete auto repair facility that can meet the customer’s needs which provides a significant competitive advantage.
•While customers are meeting their maintenance and repair needs , they can also purchase the most complete line of accessories and upgrades through Alta Mere.
Co-Brand Fee = $5,000.00 for each additional brand, after the purchase of an initial brand.
What is the desired background/qualities of your ideal candidate?
• Management / Sales Experience
• Independent thinking, with adherence to process
• *Net Worth of $250,000 for automotive brands and $150,000 for Alta Mere/Smartview
• Liquid Assets of $60,000
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Committed to superior customer service
• Significant Drive
• Confident, ambitious, and self-assured
• Committed to building a successful legacy
• Automotive / Technical experience helpful
What they want:
• Leverage past experience
• Provide opportunity for others
• Build legacy business
• Pride of business ownership
• Contribution to their community
• Financial growth opportunity
• Solid, Proven Business Systems
• Control financial and lifestyle expectations
• Franchisor support and guidance
• Proven concept, system and process
• Comprehensive support system
• Belong to a community
What we want:
• Driven to succeed
• Hands on attitude
• Passionate about helping others
• Open-minded and collaborative
• Confident, ambitious, self assured
• Subscribes to MFB philosophy and values (D.R.I.V.E)
• Utilizes resources available
• Honesty and integrity
• Dedication to the system and brand
• Positive demeanor
• To be financially qualified
• Business experience, automotive experience is not necessary
• Takes accountability for their own success
What do you hope for the future of Moran Family of Brands?
At Moran Family of Brands we hope to achieve good steady growth that is established on quality service to our customers and quality support to our franchisees. As we gain market share we hope to assist our franchisees in gaining greater profitability, and the achievement of the goals they established when they entered the business.
Are there any milestones, events or awards you would like to highlight?
Two great milestones from 2015 were our first two International Master franchise agreements
Another milestone for 2015 was the signing of a new area developer for the Houston Texas market.
What are ways to learn more about Moran Family of Brands and how to become an owner?
For our franchise candidates we have an outstanding virtual brochure that helps us take a candidate through our entire 6 step sales process. It highlights some great information about our company, our industry, and why the automotive business is such a good opportunity in todays market. It includes many PDF’s, videos and audios from our support staff and our franchisees. For the broker community Ben Reist or Pete Baldine are available at any time to discuss our models and candidates in detail.
Ben can be reached at 630-608-3065 email@example.com
Pete can be reached at 708-297-2240 firstname.lastname@example.org